Tuesday 8 October 2013

My Pinspiration: Collars and jumpers

 Original photo sources:  1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
I apologise for the bad pun (I'm sure that I'm not the first to have come up with that corker...) but I wanted to do a post on the best place there is to find any kind of inspiration- Pinterest! I mean really, online scrapbooking! Whoever came up with that idea is a total genius! Anyway, as I'm sure you all have and love Pinterest as much as I do, I won't go on about it, but do check mine out if you fancy and please send me your links too. I love finding new people to follow.

So, onto my recent pins. I'm a huge lover of jumpers of all shapes and sizes (really, I need to stop buying them, it's getting a little out of hand), and one of my favourite ways to wear them is with a collar poking out of the top. I think this style has got a great autumnal feel to it and I love how you can mix smart with casual; for example a smart jumper with a denim collar or second hand slouchy jumper with a clean cut cream collar. I also love patterned collars, or ones that add colour to an outfit. Really, the possibilities with this look are endless!

I thought that I'd also give a little life update for those of you who are interested. I've been back at Uni for a month now and have been rehearsing hard for our theatre company's performance of DNA by Dennis Kelly. It's been really fantastic but of course, very hard work (as these things should be!) We've got our dress rehearsal tonight and then the show opens on Wednesday, which is a terrifying but extremely exciting prospect. It also means that once this week is over, I'll be getting my life back again (or some of it anyway...) and I can't wait to get back to the blogging world. More than anything, I've missed reading everyone's blogs, although it's probably been better for my bank account :) And of course (shameless plug coming up) if any of you live in or around  Sheffield, come along and see the show!!

Essie x

8 comments:

  1. I love this look, but sadly I don't think I can pull it off ! You could definitely rock it !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you could Madeline :) there are so many ways to wear it! xx

      Delete
  2. That is definitely a positive for autumn.. jumpers and collars are so lovely!

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I have so many collared shirts and knits but I can never quite pull this look off! Especially love the denim and polka dot tops!
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah :) I love the denim too! I actually (shock horror) don't own a denim shirt but I really need to get myself one and try it out with my jumpers after finding these pics. I bet you could, maybe try a cream shirt to start with? That's always a winner :) xx

      Delete
  4. yesssss to this! I love wearing anything with a collar and have been wearing jumpers over blouses, just for that extra layer of warmth, if anything! Can't cope with the cold!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total advocate of the collar peeking through the jumper thing and how you can pretty much channel any style you fancy according to your wardrobe.

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete