Friday 20 December 2013

It's all just an optical illusion

Trousers: Zara (£29.99)/ Top: Primark (£3)/ Necklace: Urban Outfitters (old)


I thought that I'd introduce you to my absolute favourite trousers of the moment! I'd never even tried on cigarette style trousers as I had always thought that they'd be unflattering, but these just drew my eye as soon as I walked into the shop... and you can probably see why. 

I've taken my lead from the trousers here and created an entirely monochrome outfit by pairing them with a long sleeved black crop top from Primark, which was only £3 and I'd probably label my bargain of the month. As I've got a few Christmas drinks parties lined up over the next few weeks, I thought that wearing this outfit with some skinny stilettos might make a great alternative to the classic jeans-and-a nice-top combo. Saying that, I've also enjoyed dressing down these cheeky checks with a cropped jumper, some Chelsea boots and an oversized denim jacket. I'm not really a Dr. Martens kind of a girl, but I do think that these trousers would look great with a pair.

I'd love to hear what you'd wear these trousers with. What are you planning on wearing to get festive over the next few weeks?

Love Essie x 

17 comments:

  1. great pants. It really looks good on you and love how you styled it. I would pair those pant with a fluffy coat, maybe like a pale pink, if it gets colder. I wish I could wear coats where I live...
    have a great day

    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds great, very 60s! They've got a coat like that in Topshop at the moment xx

      Delete
  2. Bloody love these trousers! I saw them a while back in store but they didn't have my size. Might have to have another look...!
    Natalie | Just a Thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! They do them online too, although I'm not sure what Zara are like with postage xx

      Delete
  3. you look so pretty ! Love it ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my wow those trousers are amazing, the monochrome looks so chic!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia. I'm so obsessed with monochrome at the moment it's a bit worrying. I think I need to insert a bit of colour into things soon ha ha xx

      Delete
  5. This outfit is AMAZING and you are so gorgeous.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Essie- you look hot to trot!! Xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never realised before how thin you are! Checked trousers and black top is a great combination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look amazing!! absolutely gorgeous and those trouser look perfect on you x

    ReplyDelete